When I first started getting serious about my desire to learn how to create success in business, I was drawn to many self-help books, leadership books and mindset books. One of the first books I ever read was from a super successful business leader and I thought it was going to be all about how to create a wealthy business because the title alluded to that. But once I started to flip through the pages, I discovered something: wealthy people are good at their craft, yes. They understand how to give value to the world, and they do so, earning money for something the world needs. They solve problems for people with their business and/or product. They care, they are good listeners, they have leadership skills.
But they all have one thing in common that sets them apart: they have incredibly strong mindsets. Fear exists in their world, as it does for everyone, but they don’t dwell in that space. They take the upgrade, they do the thing, they shine brighter, they go for the risks. They basically listen to what their heart is telling is them to do, and they trust.
Some people I believe have an inability however to hear the voice of their heart because their life is cluttered, chaotic and filled with stuff.
My years studying and practicing yoga taught me about this concept. Have you ever tried to get through a yoga class but thought it was boring. Did you want to immediately stop and get back to something that filled your brain with busyness. This is exactly what I’m talking about. If we can’t slow down, and clear the clutter in our lives, whether that’s physical clutter (like a crowded closet, filled with stuff) or mental clutter (like a brain on overdrive all the time) it’s going to be challenging to hear the voice of our heart. My favourite quote that lands this point is “Prayer is when you talk to God. Meditation is when you listen to him.” We literally can’t hear the voice of our soul, which to me, is God speaking to us, if we’re living in chaos.
So back to this book I was reading. It was all about the fact that wealthy people are constantly making space, not only for their next level of greatness, but so that they can feel wealthy. And so they can live in a zen headspace and hear the voice of their soul when it speaks up. They are comfortable with silence, they are comfortable with clean space, and they don’t feel the need to constantly fill it back up with noise.
Here are 30 ways to make space, for your next level of greatness:
- Clean out your car, and have it detailed (Ger’s reco: an earth friendly high pressure steam, using water and no toxic chemicals)
- Start a regular yoga or meditation practice
- Clean out the junk drawer in your kitchen
- Start saying no when you really want to say no (Over yes’ing, is clutter)
- Commit to reducing social media time
- Remove yourself for groups on social media that you don’t have an interest in
- Turn off notifications for groups you’re in on social media that you don’t need to pay attention to on a regular basis
- Once you’re generating enough income and can hire an assistant, have them check in on your social media groups and support pages for you (This is where I’m currently upgrading. I have someone checking in on all my messages, and groups for me, so I can laser focus in on my zone of genius and how I’m here to serve)
- Have at least 1-2 days a week where you shut your cell phone off for the day, or at least part of the day
- Keep a journal and notice what distractions you have that are actually addictions. Clean them up, asap
- Put an auto responder on your email, setting a boundary about the realistic timeframe of your answers
- Throw away any clothes you haven’t worn in the last 6 months. Do the same for your kids if you have children. Get organized, and involve the family. Tell them what you’re doing and why, make it a teaching point for them and make it fun
- Don’t respond to text messages right away
- Eat clean. Food prep 1 day / week, chopping a large bowl of freshly washed salad greens for quick salad grabs. Involve your family so it’s fun and they learn from you. Clean out the fridge while you prep, so your fridge reflects a beautiful, clean energy
- Clean your home with non-toxic products (I use everything doTERRA)
- Diffuse essential oils for their mood boosting properties (I use doTERRA, contact me for deets, email@example.com)
- Keep your gardens weeded, clean and fresh. Hire this out if you don’t have the time. Your home is a reflection of your mindset
- Take a walk, 2-3 times a week in a quiet forested area
- Drink fresh water, daily
- If you drink caffeinated beverages, drink them black. If you’re a coffee lover, go organic (The less crap, the better. We want your cells dancing, in peak state!)
- During the colder months, take a weekly detox bath with 1 cup epsom salts (plain, no gross synthetic scents) and optional, add 2-3 drops of your favourite zen essential oil. I like lavender, ylang ylang, or whisper (all doTERRA)
- Clean out your purse, 1x / week
- Clean out your wallet, 1 x / week
- Keep a fresh $100 bill in your wallet, and leave it there (This will grow your abundance mindset, quick. It will also grow the subconscious belief that you already have abundance in your life, and it will also help you attract more, by leaving some there)
- Only hang with friends that lift you up. Even better, hang with people who will help you grow into the woman/leader you’re really here to be. Toxic people will distract you and create unnecessary noise
- Once you have some success in business and extra money to invest, start hiring things out, so you can focus your time on creating more value. Hire a house cleaner. A nanny for help 1-2 days a week. An assistant. Start small, but have these things on your vision board for the future. Remember, YOU are the creative genius and you need to spend as much time as possible on revenue generating activities
- When you’re feeling overwhelmed, take a drive in silence to clear your head
- Get your body moving by exercising 3 x / week
- Get a massage, 2x / month. If this isn’t something you can commit to yet, add it to your vision board with a by when date
- Read. This fills your brain with the good, and acts like a cleanse for the bad
Let me know which upgrades you're taking on from this list!